About The Chamber
Rapid City is a Sure Thing!
The Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce began in 1886, making it one of the oldest organizations in the west. With nearly 1,200 members, our chamber prides itself on promoting a healthy economic environment and being the bold voice of businesses in the western South Dakota region. When I became the Chamber President in February 2008, I knew I had an enormous responsibility to maintain that tradition. I also realized that I owe a tremendous debt to the Chamber Presidents who preceded me.
The Chamber staff and I take commitment to our members and community seriously. Every day we do everything we can to improve the quality of life here. One of our biggest challenges is to make sure we remain relevant as an organization in a rapidly changing world.
The Chamber is actively involved in promoting public policies—in Rapid City, Pierre, and Washington, D.C.—that benefit western South Dakota. Our monthly Chamber mixers often have between 300 and 1,000 people in attendance, making them the envy of Chambers across the country and a great way to network your business.
I’m so proud to say we have a strong Chamber, with a strong sense of community and members that support one another.
Linda Rabe, IOM, CCE
President & CEO
Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Mission Statement
Our Chamber is a membership organization of businesses and professional leaders dedicated to promoting a strong business climate in the Black Hills and enhancing the quality of life for members.
Chamber Vision Statement
Our Chamber is the leading advocate for business growth in the Rapid City area.
Chamber Core Values
- Advocate for issues that foster a favorable business climate.
- Improve the economic well-being and quality of life in the Black Hills area.
- Ensure our members receive a benefit for their membership investment.
- Operate professionally, at a standard required to earn and retain a 5-Star rating.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with municipal, county, state and federal governments and their representatives.
Chamber Strategic Goals
- Work to grow all private industry sectors.
- Proactively support military affairs.
- Support the role of education in helping individuals reach their highest and best potential.
- Recognize and promote agriculture and natural resources.
- Collaborate with local, regional and state economic development agencies.
- Recognize and promote the visitor industry.
The Rapid City Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with other organizations in the city, region and country to ensure that our members are being represented and receiving the most benefit for their membership.
City of Rapid City
Rapid City Economic Development
Destination Rapid City
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Events+ View All
When: 10:00am / Dahl Arts Center+ Learn More
When: 8:00am /+ Learn More
When: 4:30pm / Firehouse Wine Cellars+ Learn More
When: 5:00pm / Dahl Arts Center+ Learn More