Creative Industries Committee
To recognize, promote, and support the creative industries in our area recognizing the importance of the arts and arts related businesses to a successful community
The Creative Industries Committee meets the first Tuesday of every month (excluding summer months) at noon at the Books-A-Million coffee shop. New members welcome!
Creative Industries Committee Goals
- Create opportunities for creative industries and creative people to network, share ideas and share resources
- Increase benefits for creative businesses to participate with the chamber
- Help expand the definition of creativity
- Help businesses recognize the economic impact of creative industries and the value of creativity in the work place
Definition of Creative Industries
The term “creative industries” describes businesses and individual efforts for whom creativity is essential to achieve success—for example in the areas of design, music, publishing, architecture, film & video, libraries, museums, crafts, visual arts, fashion, tv & radio, culinary arts, advertising, literature, computer gaming and performing arts.
Creativity, arts and innovation fuel our economy and make the community an amazing place to live and do business.
Creative Industries Events
Rushmore Honors - January 2016 - Nomination forms are due June 30, 2015.
Pecha Kucha Rapid City - October through November and March through April
PechaKucha Rapid City
Venues for creative people to meet, network and show work and ideas they are passionate about in public.
Contact Bill for the PowerPoint template
Fall PKN Dates
- October 27 - The Dahl Arts Center
- November 24 - The Journey Museum
Contact Bill Goodgion for more information or to be added to the list of presenters.
Chamber Events+ View All
When: 9:00am /+ Learn More
When: 10:00am / Rushmore Mall+ Learn More
When: 7:00pm / Firehouse Wine Cellars - 620 Main St. Rapid City, SD+ Learn More
When: 12:00am / The Lion's Building at the Fairgrounds+ Learn More